Applesauce, Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cookies (#1855)
Cookies Desserts Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 1/2 cup Applesauce natural
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil grapeseed oil, canola oil, or (light) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter melted
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Brown Sugar packed
- 1/2 cup Sugar granulated
- 1 1/4 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 3/4 cup Quick Cooking Oats or old fashioned, rolled
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips (Semi-Sweet)
- Preheat the oven to 325° f (160° c).
- Line two or three large rimmed baking sheets with cooking mats or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the applesauce, vegetable oil, butter, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Whisk until well combined.
- Add the brown sugar and sugar, and whisk until well mixed.
- In another large mixing bowl, whisk together the whole wheat flour, oats, baking soda, and salt until well mixed.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the flour mixture, and stir with a wooden spatula until just moistened.
- Stir in the chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
- Drop the batter by tablespoonfuls on the prepared baking sheets, leave 1-inch apart between two cookies.
- Bake until the edges become brown, about 18 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and let the cookies cool on the baking sheet on a wire rack for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the cookies to the wire rack and let cool comletely.
- Store the cookies in an air-tight container in the freezer for up to 1 month.