Spiced Pickled Pears (#1853)
Share This Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups White Vinegar
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 Lemon zest, freshly grated
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 1/8 tsp Ground Cloves
- 3 cloves Garlic peeled and roughly crushed
- 4 Pears firm, peeled and firm
- In a medium saucepan, add the vinegar, water, sugar, lemon zest, bay leaves, cloves and garlic over medium-low heat.
- Cook, stirring often, until the sugar is dissolved.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat.
- Lower the heat to medium, place the pears into the saucepan.
- Cover the pears with a piece of parchment paper and a smaller size lid.
- Cook for about 30 minutes, or until the pears are tender.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let cool.
- Serve or put in a glass jar, seal well, and put in the refrigerator for at least 2 weeks.