Surprise Coconut Cream Pie (#1849)
Chocolate Desserts Pies
Share This Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups Water
- 1/2 cup Grits regular
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Butter or margarine
- 2 large Eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup Coconut flaked
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 6 oz Graham Cracker Pie Crust chocolate
- 1 Heavy Whipping Cream whipped, and sweetened (for garnish)
- 1 Maraschino Cherries for garnish
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil; stir in the grits.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat, and stir in the sugar and butter/margarine.
- Gradually add to the bowl containing the beaten eggs, about 1/4th of the hot mixture; add the egg mixture to the remaining hot mixture, stirring constantly.
- Cook over low heat until the mixture thickens and reaches 160 degree f (about 8 minutes).
- Remove from heat, and stir in the flaked coconut and sour cream.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared pie crust; cover and chill.
- Garnish, if desired.
- Makes one 9-inch pie.