Mother's Day Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole (#1847)
Share This Recipe
- 4 large Eggs
- 4 large Egg Whites
- 1 cup Skim Milk nonfat
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Rosemary Leaves fresh, minced
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper freshly ground
- 5 cups Spinach chopped, wilted
- 1/2 pound Whole Wheat Bread crusts removed if desired, cut into 1-inch cubes (4 cups, 4-6 slices)
- 5 oz Ham Steak diced, 1 cup
- 1/2 cup Roasted Sweet Red Bell Peppers chopped jarred
- 3/4 cup Swiss Cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 375°f.
- Coat a 7-by-11-inch glass baking dish or a 2-quart casserole with cooking spray.
- Whisk eggs, egg whites and milk in a medium bowl.
- Add mustard, rosemary and pepper; whisk to combine.
- Toss spinach, bread, ham and roasted red peppers in a large bowl.
- Add the egg mixture and toss well to coat.
- Transfer to the prepared baking dish and push down to compact.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake until the custard has set, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Uncover, sprinkle with cheese and continue baking until the pudding is puffed and golden on top, 15 to 20 minutes more.
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool for 15 to 20 minutes before serving.