Oven Chicken Cordon Bleu (#1845)
Chicken Poultry Low Fat
Share This Recipe
- 4 Chicken breast, halves, boneless, skinless
- 2 tsp Prepared Mustard dijon
- 4 tsp Chives fresh, chopped
- 4 Ham lean, cooked, very thin slices
- 4 Swiss Cheese low-fat, very thin slices
- 1 Eggs white
- 1 Tbsp Water
- 1/3 cup Corn Flakes crushed
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- Heat oven to 375° f (190° c). Spray 8 inch square (1 1/2 quart) baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Place 1 chicken breast between 2 pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper. Working from center, gently pound chicken with rolling pin or flat side of meat mallet until about 1/4 inch thick. Repeat with remaining chicken pieces, making four cutlets.
- Spread each cutlet with 1/2 teaspoon mustard; sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon chives. Cut ham and cheese slices to fit chicken cutlets. Roll up, tucking ends inside.
- In a shallow bowl, combine egg white and water; beat slightly. Place cornflake crumbs in shallow dish. Coat chicken rolls with egg white mixture; roll in cornflake crumbs. Place in spray-coated dish. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 375° f (190° c) for 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is fork tender and juices are clear.