Maple Coffee Glazed Bacon and Eggs (#1843)
Share This Recipe
- 6 strips Bacon
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Instant Coffee heaping
- 4 large Eggs cooked any style
- 2 slices Bread, Whole-Grain toasted
- 1 Black Pepper fresh ground to taste
- Preheat oven to 325° f (160° c).
- Heat maple syrup, instant coffee and a grinding of pepper in a small saucepan.
- Once the coffee has bee dissolved turn off heat and add the bacon. Gently stir to coat.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place a rack on top.
- Arrange the strips of bacon on the wire rack and drizzle with about 1/3 of the remaining maple syrup/coffee mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Flip over the strips of bacon and drizzle with the remaining maple syrup and coffee mixture. Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Depending on the heat in your oven the maple glaze can caramelize very quickly so your mileage may vary.
- Meanwhile prepare two eggs per person as desired.
- Serve 3 strips of maple coffee glazed bacon, 2 eggs and one slice of toast on each plate.