Roasted Red Peppers (#1840)
Share This Recipe
- 1 pound Sweet Red Bell Peppers fresh sweet red capsicum peppers
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 1 Salt
- Preheat broiler as hot as you can get it.
- Turn red peppers under the broiler until their skins come up in black bubbles.
- Cool the peppers until you can handle them comfortably.
- Remove the skins, stems, cores and seeds.
- Cut the peppers into finger shapes.
- Flavor them with fresh lemon juice and salt.
- Let them sit for several hours, draining off the liquid that forms.
- Serve this at room temperature as a side dish for anything nicoise or spanish or greek or egyptian.