Double Chocolate Biscotti (#1839)
Chocolate Desserts Snacks Italian
Share This Recipe
- 3 cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour or you can use half white flour
- 1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 4 large Eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar Replacement or you can still use 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract pure
- 5 oz Chocolate, Semisweet chopped, melted
- Position rack in the center of the oven, preheat to 325°f.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix well flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- In another large bowl, beat eggs, egg yolk and sugar with an electric mixer in high speed until thick and pale yellow, 3 minutes.
- Beat in vanilla and melted chocolate.
- Stir in the dry ingredients with a wooden spoon until just moistened, the dough should be very dry.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface, knead for 1 to 2 minutea, then divide in half.
- Roll each piece into an 10-inch log, flatten slightly to about 3/4 inch high and 4 inches wide.
- Place the logs side by side on one of the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake until lightly browned and firm, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool on the pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- Keep the oven on, switch the oven racks to the upper and lower thirds of the oven.
- Slice the logs on the diagonal into cookies 1/2 inch thick.
- Arrange, cut-side down, on the 2 baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Turn the biscotti over and rotate the pans from top to bottom; bake until dry, about 20 minutes more.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Storage in an air-tight container.