Mixed Tostadas (#1836)
Mexican Chicken Main
Share This Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups Refried Beans
- 1 Vegetable Oil
- 6 Corn Tortillas (6-Inch)
- 2 cups Chicken cooked, cut up or taco beef
- 3/4 cup Monterey Jack Cheese shredded
- 3 cups Lettuce shredded
- 1 Avocados cut into 12 slices
- Prepare refried beans and casera sauce; heat separately until hot.
- Heat 1/8 inch of oil in skillet over medium heat just until hot.
- Cook tortillas, one at a time in the hot oil, until crisp, about 1 minute; drain.
- Spread each tortilla with 1/4 cup of beans, top with 2 tablespoon of the sauce, 1/3 cup of the chicken and 2 more tablespoon of the sauce.
- Sprinkle each with 2 tablespoon of the cheese.
- Set oven control to broil. Place tortillas on rack in broiler pan.
- Broil with tops 2 to 3 inches from the heat until cheese is melted, about 3 minutes.
- Top each tortilla with 1/2 cup of lettuce, 2 slices of avocado and sour cream.