Italian Grilled Cheese Sandwiches (#1835)
Sandwiches Italian Lunch Vegetarian
Share This Recipe
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/8 tsp Garlic Powder optional
- 12 slices Bread whole wheat or white
- 1 tsp Oregano dried
- 8 oz Mozzarella Cheese low-fat, shredded
- 24 oz Marinara Sauce vodka
- Preheat your oven's broiler.
- Place 6 slices of bread onto a baking sheet.
- Spread a small handful of the mozzarella cheese over each slice.
- Top with the remaining 6 slices of bread.
- Mix together the butter and garlic powder, brush some over the tops of the sandwiches, or spread with the back of a tablespoon.
- Sprinkle with dried oregano.
- Place baking sheet under the broiler for 2 to 3 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove pan from oven, flip sandwiches, and brush the other sides with butter, and sprinkle with oregano.
- Return to the broiler, and cook until golden, about 2 minutes.
- Cut sandwiches in half diagonally, and serve immediately with vodka sauce on the side for dipping.