Helen Evans Brown's Corn Chili Bread (#1830)
Share This Recipe
- 3 ears Corn
- 1 cup Cornmeal
- 2 tsp Salt
- 3 tsp Baking Powder double-acting
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 3/4 cup Butter melted
- 2 large Eggs well beaten
- 1/4 pound Monterey Jack Cheese
- 4 oz Canned Green Chili Peppers
- Finely dice the cheese and the chilis.
- Scrape the kernals from the corn cobs and combine with the remaining ingredients.
- Pour into a well-buttered 9-inch-square baking dish or 2 1/2-quart souffle dish.
- Bake in a preheated 350° f (180° c). Oven for 1 hour.
- Serve with melted butter or with the sauce from the main dish served with the bread.
- This is paticularly good with roast pork or roast turkey.