Easy Pea Pesto Crostini (#1829)
Appetizers Parties Vegetarian Healthy
Share This Recipe
For The Pea Pesto
- 10 oz Peas, Frozen defrosted
- 2 cloves Garlic or to taste
- 2/3 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Salt And Black Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
For The Crostini
- 8 slices Bread, French Baguette whole wheat1/2-inch thick or ciabatta bread, preferably stale
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 8 Cherry Tomatoes halved, diced
- To make pea pesto:
- Add the peas, garlic, parmesan, salt and black pepper in a food processor, and plus until well blended.
- As it's running, gradually add the olive oil until well combined, about 2 minutes. Season with more salt and pepper, if desired.
- Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- To make the crostini:
- Preheat a stovetop griddle or grill pan on medium-high heat.
- Brush both sides of the sliced bread with olive oil and grill until golden, about 2 minutes.
- Arrange the bread to a serving platter and spread about 1 1/2 tablespoons of the pea pesto evenly on each slice.
- Place tomato halves on top.