Garlic Squares (#1822)
Share This Recipe
- 1 cup Garlic coarsely chopped
- 1 cup Onions thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Butter plus 2 tb
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tablespoons Parsley Leaves finely chopped
- 1 tsp Dill Weed
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Cheese sharp cheddar, shredded
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Gently sauté garlic and onions in 2 tablespoons butter about 10 minutes until tender, but not brown.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into mixing bowl. Cut in 1/4 cup butter until mixuture is crumbly like cornmeal. Add parsley, dill and milk; stir just until evenly moist. Pour into well-greased 8x8 inch pan. Spread garlic and onions on top, then cover with cheese.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool slightly and cut into squares.