Almond Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast (#1820)
Share This Recipe
- 3 pound French Bread wide loaf, un-sliced
- 4 oz Almonds dry-roasted, diced
- 8 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 1/2 cup Raspberry Jam or preserves
- 24 large Eggs
- 1 1/2 quart Milk
- 1 tablespoons Almond Extract
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 Butter
- 1 Maple Syrup
- 1 Powdered Sugar
- Cut bread into 1-inch slices and cut a pocket into each side.
- Combine almonds, cream cheese and preserves and stuff into bread pockets.
- Beat together eggs, milk and flavorings.
- Soak bread and sauté in butter until browned on both sides.
- Serve with maple syrup and a sprinkling of powdered sugar.
- Serve 2 to 4 slices per person.