Pecan Streusel Coffee Cake (#1817)
Cakes Desserts Nuts
Share This Recipe
For The Streusel
- 2/3 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 2/3 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons Unsalted Butter melted, cooled slightly
- 1/2 cup Pecans toasted , coarsely chopped
For The Cake
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Nutmeg ground
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/3 cups Brown Sugar golden
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter room temperature
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt reduced-fat
- For streusel:
- Combine brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon in medium bowl.
- Add melted butter; toss with fork to blend.
- Using fingertips, rub mixture together until small clumps form.
- Mix in pecans.
- Do ahead: Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.
- For cake:
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350°f.
- Butter 9x9x2-inch metal baking pan.
- Combine flour, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt in medium bowl; whisk to blend.
- Using electric mixer, beat brown sugar, butter, and vanilla in large bowl until well blended, about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down sides of bowl occasionally.
- Add half of flour mixture; beat just until blended.
- Add yogurt; beat just until blended.
- Beat in remaining flour mixture just until blended.
- Spoon half of batter into prepared baking pan; spread evenly.
- Sprinkle half of streusel evenly over batter.
- Spoon remaining batter in dollops over streusel, then spread evenly over with offset spatula.
- Sprinkle remaining streusel evenly over top.
- Bake cake until streusel topping is brown and tester inserted into center of cake comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
- Cool cake in pan on rack 30 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve slightly warm or at room temperature.