Vegetable Spaghetti Sauce (#1812)
Sauces Low Fat Vegetarian
Share This Recipe
- 1 White Wine dry
- 2 Carrots sliced thin
- 1 Sweet Red Bell Peppers large, chopped
- 1 Green Bell Peppers large, chopped
- 1 cup Cauliflower Florets chopped
- 1 Celery Stalks chopped
- 1 Onions large, chopped
- 1 cup Broccoli Florets chopped
- 1 Garlic lots! Minced
- 2 Tomatoes 48 ounce cans, ground
- 2 Tomato Paste cans
- 1 Basil fresh best
- 1 Rosemary Leaves pulverized
- 1 Oregano not too much
- 1 Cilantro or Italian parsley
- 1 Red Wine dry, full bodied
- 1 Salt
- 1 Black Pepper
- 1 Red Pepper Flakes or hot sauce, to taste
- Have all the vegetables ready to cook - chopped and in containers.
- Pour about 1 oz of white wine in a large lined pot.
- When wine is boiling, dump in carrots and stir vigorously.
- Allow bottom to become a little dry then add a small amount of wine.
- Continue until carrots begin to soften then add each of the other ingredients in turn until all are in pot.
- Add small amounts of wine as necessary, but allow bottom to become somewhat dry without burning.
- Remember to keep stirring! Add the garlic last but allow to cook for only about 30 seconds.
- After all vegetables are in pot, add tomatoes and tomato paste.
- It is possible to buy ground canned tomatoes, if not, no big loss.
- Wash out cans with a quantity of red wine and add to pot.
- Add basil, rosemary - ground in spice mill, a little oregano, the cilantro, chicken base - or bouillon cubes - black pepper and red pepper flakes, stir cover pot and turn heat down until sauce is barely boiling.
- Cook until vegetables are tender and then run through food mill to puree.
- Return to pot. Bring barely to boil, adjust seasonings, cover and heat for about one half hour.
- Pour over your pasta.