Sour Cream-Peach Muffins (#1808)
Share This Recipe
- 1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon ground
- 2 tablespoons Butter , softened
- 3 medium Peaches diced
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 tablespoons Butter melted, or 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons canola or olive oil
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour or half whole wheat and half white flour
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Prepare topping: In small bowl stir together the flour, sugar and cinnamon; with a fork, work in the butter until crumbly.
- Refrigerate until needed.
- Preheat oven to 400 degree f.
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners or generously butter the cups and the top of the pan around the muffin cups.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg.
- Then whisk in the sour cream, milk, vanilla and melted butter.
- Stir in the diced peaches.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Pour in the sour cream-peach mixture all at once and stir quickly, just to moisten; the batter will be thick and lumpy.
- Spoon into muffin cups, dividing it equally until the cups are full.
- Quickly crumble the topping over the batter.
- Bake at 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- The tops will spring back when lightly touched.
- Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then carefully remove and cool on a rack.
- Cool 10 to 15 minutes. Serve warm.