Algerian Green Beans with Almonds (#1805)
Side Low Fat Vegetarian
Share This Recipe
- 1 pound Green Beans fresh
- 4 cups Water salted
- 3 tablespoons Peanut Oil
- 1 clove Garlic mashed
- 1/2 tsp Cumin ground
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Cloves ground
- 1 Tbsp Almonds slivered
- Clean and trim green beans.
- Simmer in lightly salted water about 8 minutes, or until just tender but still crisp.
- Drain, transfer into iced water, and drain well again. Add to a large mixing bowl.
- Put remaining ingredients (except almonds) in a saucepan over medium heat and cook for two minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the almonds and stir briefly to coat.
- Pour the oil mixture over the green beans and toss gently until beans are thoroughly coated.
- Place on a serving plater and serve warm.