Warm Red Cabbage and Apple Salad (#1800)
Salads German Side Vegetarian Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Canola Oil
- 4 cups Red Cabbage thinly sliced, 1/4 head
- 3/4 tsp Caraway Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Apples crisp and sweet, julian
- 1 small Shallots minced
- 1 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 3/4 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper freshly ground or to taste
- 3 tablespoons Walnuts toasted, coarsly chopped
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add cabbage, caraway seeds and salt.
- Cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Add apple, shallot, vinegar, mustard and pepper and stir until combined.
- Serve sprinkled with toasted walnuts.