Oi Naani (Uzbek Home Style Bread) (#1795)
Share This Recipe
- 3 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 package Active Dry Yeast
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 1 Eggs beaten
- Combine 1 cup flour, salt and yeast in a large bowl.
- Heat milk to hot (125 to 130 degrees) in saucepan, then stir into flour.
- Add enough flour to make moderately stiff dough, two and a half to three cups.
- Knead 10 minutes.
- Let rise, covered in a warm place until doubled in bulk, about 2 hours.
- Punch risen dough down and divide into 6 balls.
- On 3 lightly greased baking sheets, flatten balls with hands into round pizza shapes 7 or 8 inches in diameter and 1/4 inch thick in center, with 1 inch wide raised edges about 1 inch thick.
- Using ice pick or head of brad, cover flat center of bread with decorative holes in concentric circles.
- Cover loaves in cloth and let stand 10 minutes.
- Brush loaves with beaten egg.
- Bake at 400° f (200° c) until browned, 15 to 20 minutes.