Cold Oriental Noodles with Peanut Sauce (#1789)
Share This Recipe
- 1 pound Spaghetti
- 1/4 cup Sesame Oil
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter natural style creamy
- 1/3 cup Tamari Soy Sauce
- 3 tablespoons Sherry
- 1 Tbsp Water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar light, firmly packed
- 3 cloves Garlic finely minced
- 1 tsp Ginger Root minced
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes crushed
- 1 Cucumbers peeled, sliced
- 4 Scallions, Spring Or Green Onions thinly sliced
- Cook the spaghettini al dente.
- Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Drain very well again.
- With your hands, toss the noodles with half of the sesame oil.
- Cover and chill until ready to combine with the peanut sauce, or up to 24 hours.
- To make the peanut sauce, combine the remaining sesame oil with all the other ingredients except the cucumber and scallion.
- Beat until well mixed.
- The sauce can be kept in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 24 hours before serving.
- Just before serving, gently toss the noodles with the sauce, cucumbers and half the scallions.
- Garnish with the remaining scallions.