Ribeye Steak with Broccolini, Shitake Mushrooms and Wattleseed Jus (#1786)
Share This Recipe
- 4 Rib Eye Steaks 220g each
- 20 grams Tomatoes dried bush
- 1 bunch Rapini (Broccoli Rabe)
- 100 grams Shiitake Mushrooms
- 100 ml Sauce beef
- 6 grams - wattleseed*
- 4 strips Watercress
- Heat a medium sized pan or flat bbq plate to medium hot (not super-heated and smoking).
- In a saucepan, add the pre-made jus or start with a good quality stock and reduce it down by boiling it until thick; add the wattleseed at any time and let it boil.
- On a plate or tray, spread the yakajirri with a little rock salt and ground pepper. Then place each steak into the mix, crusting evenly on each side of the steak.
- Once the pan or plate is at medium heat, add a little oil then place each steak into the pan.
- Allow the yakajirri to caramelise and blacken (it will do this from the sugars naturally in the bush tomatoes.
- Only turn the steak once to cook the other side as this will seal in the juice more.
- Once cooked to the desired done-ness, remove and allow to rest in a warm place for about 5 minutes. While the meat is resting, quickly prepare the broccolini and shiitake mushrooms.
- Using the same pan or flat bbq, add a little oil and the shiitake mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper. Remove when golden.
- In a hot wok, place a little oil and quickly wok toss the broccolini until cooked.
- Styling : Serve with a sprig of watercress.