Fabulous Chick-Pea Soup (#1784)
Soups Side Vegetarian Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 1 1/2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 medium Onions chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 3 large Carrots peeled and diced
- 1 small Sweet Potatoes, Or Yams dice into 1/2-inch cubes
- 16 oz Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans) cooked, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups Stock vegetable or chicken
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice or less to taste
- 1 Salt And Black Pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat until hot.
- Stir in the onions and garlic, and sauté for 6 to 8 minutes until the onions are browned and soft, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the carrots, sweet potato, chick-peas, and broth.
- Cover and simmer for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the carrots are tender.
- Remove from heat and puree.
- Return to the pot, then stir in the lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Reheat just to the boiling point, and serve immediately.
- Serve with a green salad and some crusty breads.
- Freezes well.