Arugula, Chickpea, Roasted Pepper and Artichoke Salad (#1783)
Salads Side Healthy
Share This Recipe
For The Salad
- 1/2 cup Red Onion minced
- 1 small Fennel Bulb trimmed and cored, or 1/2 large fennel
- 15 oz Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans) 1 can, rinsed and well drained
- 3/4 cup Roasted Sweet Red Bell Peppers jarred, chopped, about 4 each
- 6 oz Artichoke Hearts marinated, 1 jar, rinsed, drained, and quartered, if whole
- 3 cups Arugula (Roquette) baby
- 3/4 cup Parsley Leaves flat and fresh
- 2 oz Black Olives pitted and sliced, about 1/4 cup
- 2/3 cup Parmesan Cheese
For The Dressing
- 1 clove Garlic peeled
- 1/2 tsp Salt or to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp Orange Zest freshly grated
- 1 Tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice fresh
- 1 Black Pepper freshly ground to taste
- 5 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- To make the salad:
- Soak the minced onions in cold water for 10 minutes, then drain well, pat dry, and put in a serving bowl.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing:
- Smash the garlic clove, sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and, with the side of a large knife, mash and smear the mixture to a coarse paste.
- Put the paste in a bowl and add the orange zest, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Slowly whisk in the olive oil, make a slightly thick dressing.
- Thinly slice the fennel lengthwise.
- Add to the onion and toss with the chickpeas, peppers, artichoke hearts, arugula, parsley, and dressing.
- Evenly arrange the olives and shave the parmigiano-reggiano over the top.