Shiitake and Veggie Stew with Garlic-Black Bean Sacue (#1780)
Asian Low Fat Vegetarian Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 4 oz Noodles Chinese glass noodles, or vermicelli noodles
- 4 cups Water
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil divided
- 2 tablespoons Black Bean Sauce or to taste, or garlic-black bean sauce
- 2 cloves Garlic minced, or to taste
- 1/2 inch Ginger peeled and freshly minced
- 1 Scallions, Spring Or Green Onions sliced, plus extra for serving
- 1 small Carrots peeled and cut into small cubes
- 4 small Wood Ears re-dehydrated, optional
- 4 Shiitake Mushrooms whole
- 2 Button Mushrooms or cremini, sliced
- 1/2 Potatoes peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup Tofu cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 small Bok Choy well washed and separated
- 1 tsp Rice Vinegar or to taste
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro freshly chopped
- Add 4 cups of water and black bean sauce into a medium pot and bring to a boil at high heat.
- Add the garlic, ginger and scallions, carrots, wood ears if using, both mushrooms, potatoes, and tofu.
- Bring to a boil again, reduce the heat to medium-low or low to maintain a gentle simmer for about 12 minutes until the potatoes are almost soft, and the carrots are tender.
- Add the glass noodles, and boil for about 10 minutes over medium heat until the noodles are soft.
- Add the bok choy, and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes or so until the bok choy are tender.
- Season the stew with more black bean sauce, rice vinegar and sesame oil to taste if needed.
- Remove from the heat and stir in rice vinegar and sesame oil.
- Stir in cilantro and serve warm with scallions sprinkled on top.