Monte Cristo Sandwich (#1777)
Sandwiches Pork Side
Share This Recipe
- 1 large Eggs
- 1/4 cup Skim Milk fat free
- 1 tsp Parmesan Cheese
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 oz Swiss Cheese low-fat
- 2 slices Whole Wheat Bread
- 1 tsp Margarine
- 1 slice Bacon, Canadian Style or black forest ham
- In shallow bowl combine egg, milk, parmesan cheese, and pepper. Set aside.
- Place canadian bacon (or black forest ham) and swiss cheese on one slice bread.
- Top with remaining slice of bread.
- Dip sandwich into the egg mixture, turning several times until as much liquid as possible has been absorbed.
- In small nonstick skillet heat margarine until bubbly and hot; add sandwich, pouring any remaing egg mixture over bread.
- Cook over medium heat turning once, until brown and crisp on both sides. Several minutes per side.
- Serve immediately.