Corn and Tomato Smoky Penne Pasta (#1774)
Pastas Main Side Vegetarian
Share This Recipe
- 12 oz Penne Pasta
- 1 Chipotle Chili Peppers dried, soaked in hot water 10 minutes,from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil divided
- 2 tsp Garlic minced, about 2 cloves, oor more or less as needed
- 4 oz Goat (Chevre) Cheese plus more for crumbling and sprinkling, if needed
- 1/3 cup Cilantro freshly chopped
- 2 cups Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 2 cups Corn fresh or frozen
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Steam or boil the corn for about 5 minutes and set aside.
- Meanwhile, remove seeds from chipotle chile and finely chop.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add chile and garlic, and sauté 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Stir in goat cheese and 1/3 cup water, and cook 3 minutes, or until smooth sauce forms, stirring constantly.
- Simmer 2 minutes more, then remove from heat and add cilantro and remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Drain pasta, and return to pot.
- Add tomatoes, corn and cheese sauce. Gently mix together until the sauce evenly coats all the ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and transfer to warm serving bowl.
- Top with extra goat cheese crumbles and cilantro if desired.