Stir-Fried Shrimp with Broccoli (#1770)
Stir Fries Chinese Seafood Main Low Fat Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 2/3 cup Low Salt Chicken Broth or clam juice
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 6 cloves Garlic minced and divided
- 2 1/2 tsp Olive Oil or any vegetable oil, divided
- 1 Cayenne Pepper to taste, crushed
- 1 pound Shrimp raw, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 tsp Salt divided
- 4 cups Broccoli Florets
- 2/3 cup Water
- 3 tablespoons Cilantro freshly chopped
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Black Pepper freshly ground, to taste
- 1 Lemon wedges
- Add chicken broth or clam juice, cornstarch and half the garlic in a small bowl, whisk until well blended and smooth. Set aside.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the remaining garlic and cayenne pepper to taste, stirring, until fragrant but not browned, about 30 to 40 seconds.
- Stir in shrimp and 1/8 teaspoon salt, cook until the shrimp are pink, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil to the pan.
- Stir in broccoli and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt or to taste, cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add water, cover and cook until the broccoli is crisp-tender, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer to the bowl with the shrimp.
- Pour in the reserved broth or clam juice mixture to the pan and cook, stirring often, over medium-high heat, until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro leaves and adjust seasoning with lemon juice and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the shrimp and broccoli, heat through.
- Serve with lemon wedges over the rice.