Easy Microwave Lemon Curd (#1767)
Share This Recipe
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar Replacement
- 3 whole Eggs or 2 whole eggs and 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup Lemon Juice fresh
- 3 Lemons zested
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter melted and cooled
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, whisk together the sugar and eggs until smooth. Stir in lemon juice, zest and melted butter. Cook in microwave on high in one minute intervals, stirring after each minute, until mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon, about 5 to 6 minutes. Strain through a sieve, if desired. Pour into small sterile jars/containers.
- Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
- Note: The curd may seem a little thin at first, but it will thicken up as it cools.
- If a thicker consistency is desired (for pies, pastries, etc.), add a bit of cornstarch to the mixture while cooking. You will need to strain out the lumps.