Two Cheese, Shaved Asparagus and Mushroom Pizza (#1764)
Pizzas Italian Main Vegetarian
Share This Recipe
- 1 Pizza Dough about 16-inch, prefer whole wheat
- 2 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil for brushing
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup Mushrooms cremini or white button, sliced
- 8 oz Mozzarella Cheese tear into small pieces, divided
- 1 bunch Asparagus ends trimmed and well washed and dry
- 1 Black Pepper freshly ground
To Serve (Optional)
- 1 Red Pepper Flakes to taste
- 1 Lemon Juice fresh, to taste
- Preheat oven to 475 f.
- Stretch your pizza dough into a large circle 16 inches in diameter and arrange on your pizza pan or stone.
- Brush dough with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Place mushrooms and half of the mozzarella cheese over parmesan in a single layer.
- Shave asparagus into ribbons with a vegetable peeler.
- Place shaved asparagus over the cheese and mushrooms.
- Place remaining mozzarella cheese on top.
- Freshly grind some black pepper over the top.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until crust turns into golden brown and cheese melts and start to brown in spots.
- Let cool for a few minutes.
- Slice and serve warm.