Brussels Sprouts Souffle (#1763)
Casseroles Souffles Main
Share This Recipe
- 1/2 pound Brussels Sprouts
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper freshly ground
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Onions grated
- 4 large Eggs separated
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese grated
- Grease a 2 quart souffle dish or individual souffle dishes very thoroughly and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 300° f (150° c).
- Cook the brussels sprouts in small amount of water until just barely tender, do not overcook, drain, and chop.
- In a medium sized pot melt, the butter and add flour, salt, and pepper over medium heat.
- Add milk and onion and stir constantly until thickened.
- Beat the egg yolks, add some of the hot milk to temper, whisk, add some more hot milk whisk and then and then whisk it all into the pot.
- Add cheese and cook for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the brussels sprouts and remove from heat.
- Beat egg whites in an impeccably clean bowl until stiff. Gently and quickly fold into the souffle mixture.
- Turn into the souffle dish.
- Bake at 300° f (150° c) for 1 1/2 hours and serve immediately.