Moist Rhubarb Coffeecake (#1759)
Cakes Desserts Low Fat Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 2 cups Cake Flour or all-purpose flour, or half whole wheat and half white flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Brown Sugar light, packed
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Liquid Egg Substitute or 1 large egg
- 1 cup Non-Fat Yogurt plain, or low-fat
- 1/2 cup Applesauce
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups Rhubarb cut into 1-inch chunks
- Rhubarb with its uniquely tangy taste, is a favorite spring fruit of many midwestern and east coast transplants.
- Just stir diced uncooked rhubarb into the coffeecake batter and bake.
- Sift together cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into large bowl.
- Stir in cup brown sugar.
- Place egg substitue in bowl. Stir in yogurt, applesauce and vanilla.
- Stir into flour mixture just until ingredients are almost blended.
- Quickly stir in rhubarb just until mixed. Turn into 9-inch-square pan sprayed with non-stick vegetable spray or lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle top evenly with remaining 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Bake at 350° f (180° c). 30 to 35 minutes or until cake tests done in center.