Buttermilk, Maple Syrup, Quinoa and Pecan Muffins (#1758)
Grains Muffins Snacks Breakfast Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup Quinoa flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3 large Eggs
- 4 tablespoons Maple Syrup or to taste
- 3/4 cup Buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons Canola Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Quinoa cooked
- 1/2 cup Pecans chopped
- Postion the rack in the middle of the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 375° f (190° c).
- Coat 12 muffin cups with cooking spray or brush with oil.
- Sift together whole wheat flour, quinoa flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- Add the eggs, maple syrup, buttermilk, canola oil and vanilla in a large bowl, and whisk until well blended.
- Stir in the flour mixture until just incorporated, then fold in the cooked quinoa and pecans until well mixed.
- Spoon into muffin cups, filling each 2/3 to 3/4 full.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and transfer onto a wire rack.
- Cool in the tins for 10 minutes, then remove from the mold and let cool on a rack completely.
- Serve or store at an air-tight container for a couple of days, or they can be frozen well.