Oatmeal Scotchies (#1753)
Share This Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup Butter softened
- 3/4 cups Sugar
- 3/4 cups Brown Sugar firmly packed
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract or grated orange peel
- 3 cups Oat Flakes quick or old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 8 oz Butterscotch Chips
- Preheat oven to 375° f (190° c).
- In small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; set aside.
- In large mixer bowl, beat butter, granulated sygar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla extract until creamy.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in oats and butterscotch flavored morsels.
- Drop by measuring tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 7 to 8 minutes for chewier cookies (9-10 minutes for crisper cookies).
- Remove from cookie sheets; cool completely.
- Makes about 4 dozen cookies.