Broccoli, Sweet Bell Pepper and Mushroom Fried Rice (#1737)
Stir Fries Chinese Main Side Low Fat Vegetarian Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic freshly minced
- 1/2 inch Ginger peeled and minced
- 2 Scallions, Spring Or Green Onions sliced
- 2 cups Mushrooms button, or cremini, sliced
- 1 Sweet Red Bell Peppers diced
- 1 small Carrots peeled and diced
- 1 Celery Stalks sliced
- 2 cups Broccoli Florets cut into bite size
- 1 cup Corn fresh or frozen
- 4 cups Rice cooked, preferably brown rice
- 2 large Eggs scrambled, optional
- 1/4 cup Cilantro thin stems and leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Tamari Soy Sauce or to taste
- 1 Tbsp Vegetarian Oyster Sauce or regular oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons Shaoxing Wine or sherry
- 1/2 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp Sugar or mirin
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Hot Chili Pepper Oil sichuan, or red pepper flakes to taste, optional
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- Add vegetable oil in a large wok or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add garlic, ginger, and scallions, stirring constantly, and cook for about 40 seconds until very fragrant.
- Add mushrooms, stirring often, and cook for about 5 minutes, or until mushrooms are slightly browned.
- Add sweet bell pepper, carrot and celery into the work or skillet, and cook for about 3 minutes until the vegetables just start to become tender but still crispy.
- Stir in broccoli and corn, and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add rice and scrambled eggs if using, and stir until evenly combined.
- Meanwhile whisk all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl until well blended.
- Pour sauce over rice and veggies, stirring often, and cook for additional 2 to 3 minutes until heated through.
- You may need to taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.
- Serve warm.