Koulourakia (Greek Easter Cookies) (#1732)
Cookies Desserts Easter
Share This Recipe
- 2 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Butter softened
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Brandy or milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg Yolks beaten with 1 tablespoon of milk, for glaze
- 3 tablespoons Sesame Seeds
- Preheat oven to 375° f (190° c).
- Beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, brandy and vanilla, mixing well.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt, mixing well after each addition.
- Working with rounded teaspoons of dough, use palms to roll each piece back and forth on a lightly floured surface until it forms a 6-inch rope.
- Bring ends together to form a hairpin shape, then gently twist 2 to 3 times.
- Lightly pinch ends together.
- Arrange 1 inch apart on greased baking sheets, brush with egg glaze, then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on racks.
- Store airtight at room temp for 2 weeks.
- Freeze for longer storage.