Hot and Sour Cabbage (#1730)
Main Side Low Fat Vegetarian Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 5 Napa Cabbage Leaves
- 3 tablespoons Peanut Oil
- 4 large Hot Chili Peppers dried
- 1/2 Tbsp Peppercorns szechuan
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Tamari Soy Sauce thin
- 1/2 Tbsp Rock Sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp Chinkiang Vinegar
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- Separate, wash and dry cabbage leaves.
- Stack them up and cut them crosswise into 1inch wide pieces.
- Finely mince or grind szechuan peppercorns.
- Crush rock sugar with cleaver handle; mix with soy sauce; reserve.
- Stir-frying: Heat wok to moderate; add oil.
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Stir-fry whole chilis until they just blacken; quickly add peppercorns.
- When they exude pungent odor, push up side of wok and raise heat to high.
- Add salt and cabbage all at once.
- Keep tossing cabbage until it is wilted and soft.
- This takes several minutes.
- There should be about 2 tablespoon of water in wok when cabbage is wilted.
- Add sugar and soy mixture.
- When sugar has melted, toss with cabbage, then sprinkle vinegar over all.
- Keep tossing on high heat for another 20 seconds.
- Add sesame oil; toss briefly; remove to serving dish.
- If serving this dish cold, wait until it has cooled, then cover and refrigerate.