Tarragon Tofu with Chanterelle Mushrooms (#1725)
French Main Low Fat Vegetarian Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 3/4 pound Tofu extra-firm, cut into slices
- 2 tablespoons Tarragon Leaves finely chopped, to taste
- 1 Black Pepper and salt, to taste
- 1 All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil or butter
- 1 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 5 Shallots chopped
- 1 clove Garlic clove, chopped
- 3/4 pound Mushrooms chantrelles, yellow and black, coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup White Wine
- 1 1/2 cups Chicken Broth low-salt
- 1/4 tsp Cornstarch mixed with a bit of water
- 1 Chives chopped, or a handful of chive spears, for garnish
- Coat the strips of tofu with a bit of olive oil.
- Sprinkle the tofu strips with the chopped tarragon, salt and pepper, then dust with flour.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat with one tablespoon of olive oil.
- When skillet is hot add the tofu and sauté in one tablespoon of olive oil until well browned and a bit crispy on the outside.
- Remove from pan and set aside covered with foil to rest.
- Sauté shallots, garlic and mushrooms in remaining butter until lightly browned, then pour in wine and cook over high heat until reduced to only a few tablespoons.
- Add broth and cook over high heat until this too is reduced by about half and the liquid is well-flavored.
- Add cornstarch, return tofu to the skillet, and heat through briefly.
- Serve immediately.