Chicken Cutlets Romano (#1723)
Chicken Poultry Main
Share This Recipe
- 6 large Egg Yolks
- 1 large Eggs
- 1/4 cup Romano Cheese
- 1/2 tsp Garlic minced
- 4 leaves Basil thinly shredded
- 1 small Rosemary Sprigs destemmed, finely minced
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Black Pepper freshly cracked
- 2 Chicken Breast Halves (Boneless Skinless) 6 ounces each
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
Lemon Cream Sauce
- 2 Shallots diced
- 1/4 cup White Wine
- 1 1/2 Lemons juiced
- 1 Tbsp White Vinegar
- 3 oz Butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Romano Cheese freshly grated, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350° f (180° c).
- Combine the batter ingredients, set aside.
- Slice each chicken breast into three thin medallions, slicing on the bias.
- Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Dredge in small amount of flour, shaking off excess.
- Set aside.
- Make the sauce: Combine shallots, white wine, lemon juice and vinegar.
- Reduce until only a small amount of liquid is left.
- Add the softened butter, stirring continuously, until melted.
- Add the cream and salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat through and keep warm.
- Dip medallions in batter mixture until thinly coated.
- Heat olive oil in sauté pan and sauté until golden brown on both sides, turning gently so as not to tear the batter coating.
- Transfer to baking sheet and bake medallions in oven for 3 to 4 minutes or until done.
- Meanwhile strain the lemon cream sauce (it should be subtle and thin).
- When chicken medallions are done, plate and serve with the sauce and grated romano.