Fried Rice with Peas and Sun-Dried Tomatoes (#1722)
Chinese Main Low Fat Vegetarian
Share This Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups Rice
- 1 Tbsp Peanut Oil
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 White Pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Vegetarian Oyster Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Stock
- 2 tsp Light Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp White Wine dry
- 3/4 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Ginger minced
- 1 1/4 cups Green Peas
- 4 Sundried Tomatoes oil-packed, rinsed, dried, diced
- 4 Scallions, Spring Or Green Onions thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons Cilantro minced
- In a large saucepan, cover the rice with cold water.
- Rub the rice between your hands.
- Drain well and repeat the rinsing process two more times.
- Return the rice to the pan, add 1 1/2 cups of cold water and let soak for 2 hours.
- Bring the rice to a boil over high heat and cook until the rice is tender.
- Fluff with a fork.
- In a small bowl, combine the oyster sauce, chicken stock, soy sauce, wine, sugar, sesame oil and a pinch of white pepper.
- Set a wok over high heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the peanut oil and swirl to coat until a wisp of white smoke appears.
- Add the ginger and stir-fry for 20 seconds.
- Add the cooked rice and stir fry until very hot, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the oyster sauce mixture to the wok and stir until the rice is thoroughly coated.
- Stir in the sun-dried tomatoes, scallions and cilantro, mix well and serve.
- Note: You can use leftover rice as well.