Appetizers Snacks Indian
Share This Recipe
- 4 cups Lentils flour, ground into flour using a grain grinder
- 1 tsp Black Pepper cracked
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds 1/2 ground, 1/2 whole
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 Vegetable Oil for frying
- In a large bowl mix the flour, black pepper, cumin and salt.
- Add the water and knead the dough by hand until it is smooth.
- Depending on the flour you may need to add more or less water to reach the desired consistency. It should be wet enough to hold together but not too sticky.
- Divide the dough into 12 to 15 balls and roll out one ball at a time to a very thin round layer about 1/8 inch thick on a slightly oiled surface.
- Place on lightly oiled cookie sheets.
- Place the papadums in the oven preheated to about 200 degrees f.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
- Fry in a non-stick skillet in a small amount of oil (or you could dry fry them) until they are crispy but do not let them brown.
- Serve warm. They can also be made ahead and then be crisped up in a warm oven before serving.