Valentine's Day Chocolate Chip and Peanut Butter Cookies (#1716)
Chocolate Cookies Desserts Nuts Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter natural and creamy
- 1/4 cup Applesauce natural and unsweetnened
- 2 tablespoons Canola Oil
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter melted
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 2/3 cups Brown Sugar packed
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups Rolled Oats
- 1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Walnuts chopped
- 1/4 cup Dried Cranberries chopped
- 1/2 cup Coconut, Shredded, Unsweetened (Desiccated)
- Preheat oven to 350° f (180° c).
- In a medium bowl, add peanut butter, apple sauce, oil and melted butter, and stir well.
- Add eggs, brown guar, and vanilla extract, and mix until well blended.
- In another large bowl, whisk together oats, flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Pour liquid mixture into flour mixture, and stir until just moistened.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips, walnuts, cranberries and coconut flakes until well combined.
- Get ready your heart-shape cookie cutter.
- Put from 1/2 tablespoon to 1 tablespoon of batter into your cookie cutter (how much batter you put in depends on the size of your cookies cutter).
- Press batter evenly inside cutter to form a heart-shape cookie, it should be about 1/-inch thick. If you prefer thick and cake-like cookie, add more batter into your cutter.
- Place cookie on greased cookie sheet about 1/2-inch apart, and bake for about 12 minute, until top starts to become brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet on wire rack for about 10 minutes.
- Transfer cookies onto wire rack and let cool completely.
- Note: The dough will be sticky, when you work with it, you may need to wet your hands with some oil. If it's still too stick after a few cookies, wash your hands, and work with it again.