Salmon, Broccoli, and Mushroom Pasta (#1713)
Pastas Salmon Seafood Main Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 6 oz Penne Pasta preferably whole wheat
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil divided
- 1 Yellow Onion about 1 cup, chopped
- 1 cup Button Mushrooms or cremini, sliced
- 3 cups Broccoli Florets about 1/2 head
- 2 cloves Garlic chopped
- 8 oz Salmon Fillets about 2 fillets
- 1 Salt And Black Pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil divided
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice or to taste
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese plus extra to serve
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add the pasta and 1 teaspoon of salt to the boiling water, and cook for about 10 minutes or until desired consistency.
- Drain pasta, reserve 1 cup cooking water, and toss the pasta with 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil.
- Return the pasta to the pot, and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium nonstick skillet until hot over medium high heat.
- Cook the onions until softened and browned, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the mushrooms, stirring often, and cook until mushrooms are browned, another 5 minutes or so.
- Add the broccoli, and cook until the broccoli become tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, stirring frequently until very fragrant, about 40 seconds.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Transfer the broccoli-mushroom mixture to the pasta.
- Wipe the pan clean with a damp kitchen towel, add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil to the pan, and heat until hot.
- Season the salmon with salt and black pepper as needed.
- Cook the salmon, 2 to 3 minutes on each side until the salmon is well seared, but the centre is still pinkish. If you prefer your salmon is well done, cook longer until desired doneness.
- Transfer the seared salmon onto a plate, and flake with two forks.
- Add the salmon to the veggie-pasta mixture along with remaining 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, lemon juice and parmesan cheese.
- Gently toss until well combined. Add a little bit pasta water if it seems too dry to mix or add extra olive oil.
- Season to taste with more salt, black pepper, and lemon juice if needed.
- Serve warm with more parmesan cheese if desired.