Cheesy Mushrooms on Crispy Toast (#1707)
Share This Recipe
- 1 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 Tbsp Canola Oil
- 1/3 cup Shallots finely diced
- 1 Kosher Salt follow the directions
- 10 oz Mushrooms mixed, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 16 slices Bread, French Baguette cut on a sharp diagonal, about 3 inches long, prefer whole grain or whole wheat
- 1 1/2 cups Gruyere Cheese grated
- Set an oven rack about 8 inches away from the broiler and preheat the broiler.
- Put the butter and canola oil in a large heavy-duty skillet over medium heat, let butter melt.
- Add the shallot, season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Raise the heat to high, add the mushrooms and another 1/2 teaspoon salt, and cook, stirring frequently, until softened and browned, 3 to 5 minutes longer.
- Place the sliced bread on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Broil until lightly toasted, 3 to 4 minutes, rotating the pan as needed for even toasting.
- Flip the bread, spread evenly a heaping tablespoon of the mushrooms mixture on each slice, and sprinkle with the gruyere.
- Broil until the cheese is melted and lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Cool slightly and serve warm.
- Note you can use regular toasted bread and nearly any kind of cheese you prefer.