Homemade Vegetable Buns (#1705)
Share This Recipe
- 5 grams Active Dry Yeast
- 25 grams Sugar
- 110 ml Water warm
- 250 grams All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 whole Eggs beaten, divided use
- 25 grams Butter softened
- 2 tablespoons Red Onion chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic chopped
- 75 grams Carrots cut into small slices
- 50 grams Leeks cut into small slices
- 100 grams Mashed Potatoes prepared or left over
- 1/2 tsp Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Seeds for garnish
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, yeast, sugar, and salt. Mix 1 minute. Next add water and half of the beaten egg. Mix. Add butter and mix until combined. Knead by hand until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
- Cover the dough and let rise in a warm place for about 30 minutes. After that, punch the dough down and make 8 round balls and allow them to rise for 10 minutes .
- Now take out each ball and roll out with a rolling pin until you get a thin disk (diameter 5 inch, thickness 1/4 inch).
- In a pan heat 1/2 table spoon olive oil over medium high heat. Add garlic and mix it around until it’s softened. Next add onion, carrots, leeks and mashed potatoes. Mix until onion is softened and everything is heated through. Add pepper and salt. Mix well.
- Now place a tablespoon full of filling mixture in the middle of each disk and cover it from all sides with the dough. Then, pinch them to close.
- Place pinched side down on a greased baking tray and allow to rise for 35 minutes. Next brush the remaining beaten egg over the top of the buns and sprinkle some sesame seeds on top.
- Bake at 200 cup for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with tomato sauce.
- Enjoy. See my web sites www. Stellarecipe. Webs. Com www. Recipesrilanka. Blogspot. Com