Crockpot Black Bean Tortilla Soup (#1698)
Soups Mexican Tex-Mex
Share This Recipe
- 15 oz Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 15 oz Rotel Chiles And Tomatoes
- 8 oz Enchilada Sauce
- 1 medium Onions chopped
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 4 cups Vegetable Stock or 4 cups mock chicken broth
- 1 tsp Cumin ground
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 10 oz Whole Kernel Corn, Frozen
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro chopped
- 5 Corn Tortillas (6-Inch)
- Combine black beans, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, onion, garlic, stock, cumin, chili powder and corn in your crockpot, cook on low for 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400° f (200° c).
- Lightly spray both sides of tortillas with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut into thin strips (about 2.5" x 0.5") and spread onto baking sheet.
- Bake, turning occasionally until crisp, 5 to 10 minutes
- Ladle soup into serving bowls. Sprinkle tortilla strips and cilantro and serve immediately.