Almond Ginger Biscotti (#1696)
Cookies Desserts Italian
Share This Recipe
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Seeds ground
- 1/2 tsp Ginger ground
- 2/3 cup Margarine softened
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup Liquid Egg Substitute
- 1 tsp Almond Extract
- 1/2 cup Almonds blanched, whole
- 1/3 cup Crystallized Ginger (Candied) minced
- Combine first 5 ingredients; stir well.
- Beat margarine and sugar at medium speed of an electric mixer about 2 minutes or until soft and creamy.
- Add egg substitute and almond flavoring; beat well.
- Add dry ingredients, beating just until blended; stir in almonds and crystallized ginger.
- Shape dough into two 12x 2 1/2 inch logs and place 4-inches apart on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° f (180° c). For 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool on wire racks 15 minutes.
- Using a serrated knife, slice logs diagonally into twelve 1-inch-thick slices.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet; bake at 350° f (180° c). For 12 to 15 minutes on each side or until cookies are golden.
- Let cool on wire.