Banana Chocolate Chip Cake (#1689)
Cakes Chocolate Desserts
Share This Recipe
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/3 cup Unsalted Butter unsalted, softened
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3 large Bananas ripe, mashed
- 2 large Eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream or yogurt
- 2/3 cup Chocolate Chips (Semi-Sweet)
- Preheat the oven to 350° f (180° c).
- Butter a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, using a handheld electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until combined.
- Beat in the bananas until combined.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla, beating well.
- Stir in the sour cream or yogurt.
- Beat the flour mixture into the butter mixture until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Transfer the cake to a wire rack and cool completely.