Prairie Roast Chicken (#1688)
Chicken Poultry Main
Share This Recipe
- 3 1/2 pounds Chicken
- 1/3 cup Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsp Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Ginger Root minced
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 4 tsp All-Purpose Flour
- Remove giblets and neck from chicken.
- Rinse and pat chicken dry inside and out.
- Tie chicken legs together with kitchen string; tuck wings under back.
- Place, breast side up, on rack in roasting pan.
- Combine mustard, soy sauce, gingerroot and garlic; brush all over chicken.
- Pour in 1 1/2 cup of the chicken stock.
- Roast in 325° f (160° c) basting every 30 minutes, for 2 hours or until juices run clear.
- Transfer chicken to platter; tent with foil and let stand for 10 minutes before carving.
- Meanwhile, skim fat from pan juices.
- Sprinkle flour over juices; cook over medium-high heat, stirring for 1 minutes.
- Pour in remaining chicken stock; cook, stirring until thickened.
- Pour into warmed gravy boat and serve with chicken.