Superbowl Ultimate French Onion Dip (#1687)
Appetizers Dips Snacks Spreads Vegetarian Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 4 cups Onions chopped
- 1 Tbsp Canola Oil or olive oil
- 3/4 tsp Salt or to taste
- 1 3/4 cups Stock mushroom
- 2 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 2 tablespoons White Vinegar
- 1 cup Light Sour Cream or fat-free
- 1/3 cup Low-Fat Yogurt or fat-free
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and salt, cook and stir occasionally, until start to brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add broth, scrape up any browned bits, and simmer until the liquid is almost evaporated, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook onions deep golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes more.
- Stir in onion powder, vinegar and cook until evaporated, 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let cool for 20 minutes.
- Mix well sour cream and yogurt in a medium bowl.
- Stir in the onion mixture.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 60 minutes or up to 2 hours.